Monday, September 13, 2004

The Party

I had sworn to myself that I wouldn't be like most new moms and have this crazy huge party for their poor, exausted little guy who just wants his mommy, but somewhere in the planning it kind of got away from us. Mostly, the problem is, we love people, we love parties, and any excuse to celebrate is a good one. Also, my parents are such gracious hosts, and on top of that I needed a way to be able to eat some of Lisa and Joycee's chicken curry. (Apparently they make it for everyone else all the time, but somehow I'm never around at the right moment.) (Not that I hold this against them or anything. *wink*)

Andrew won't remember the party anyway, but he seemed to be enjoying himself. (Well, except for after he opened all the gifts and was in sore need of a nap -- check out the last few shots in the birthday photo album on the funtigo site).

The little guy loves his new clothes and toys. Of course, while opening presents, he found the tape and paper the most interesting -- that is, until he opened his dinnerware set from Jane. After that he wouldn't put down the bowl for anything, and evedently it was super fun to turn it over and over, put it on his head, play peek-a-boo with it, bang in on stuff, etc. Babies are funny creatures, I tell ya.

As a suprise to most, Sarah Stilwell and her mom, Ruth Ann, showed up for church and the party afterwards. It was so great to have them there, not in the least because we've never had to throw a big party without Sarah yet. =) (Sarah was our cheif organizer for such events before she graduated from BU this Summer and left us for greener pastures.) Seriously though, we've missed her...I've missed her, and I'm so glad she was able to come.

An even bigger suprise came when some of my friends from New Jersey pulled into the driveway! Kristy, Matt and Katie Tobias have been our friends since...probably since I was about 2 or 3, and they drove all the way from NJ just for Andrew's party! So cool! Kristy also brought her two babies, Eliana and Gabrial, who are super cute.

Thank you so much to everyone who showed up and made Andrew's first party a great success. We were honored that so many of you were able to be with us as we celebrated Andrew's first birthday and dedicated him to God.

No comments: