Friday, January 06, 2012

Weaving and pasta

I warped my little Cricket lap-loom today and started a scarf...

Weaving a new scarf on my Cricket lap-loom

Spent some peaceful moments weaving in my studio all by myself.  It was lovely.

Also, I made this Italian-American baked pasta dish for dinner a few nights ago: Johnny Marzetti.  Delicious, even with the pre-shredded cheese that I used, but would be even more special with fresh mozzerella on top.  I sauteed everything in the order written in the recipe, but didn't take each ingredient out of the pan once it was done, just added the next ingredient to saute, and didn't add any extra oil (so I ended up using 1 or 2 tablespoons instead of 10).  I also upped the pasta from 8 oz to 12 oz to make it more filling/stretch further, and used bulk sausage instead of ground beef (less expensive/nicely seasoned).  It turned out well with this much-less-fussy method and alterations, and I would definitely make it again.

No comments: