Tuesday, March 19, 2013

WAY TOO MANY PILLOW PICTURES. Not sorry.


Yesterday I got nothing done at all.  Except pillows.  Now I may have too many.  And I LOVE IT.

Do you remember these?
Little Songbird pillow

I ripped them apart, washed the hand-embroidered bits, and refashioned a set of miss-matched blue throw pillows for my living room.

Throw Pillows restyle

And then I made three more in various prints from my stash.  Because here in the new house, I'm pretty crazy about blue.

Throw Pillows restyle

(All of these cases were made with an envelope back so that I can wash the cases without the pillow forms when they get too grimy.  Also, I reused the four forms I already had, so I only had to actually make the rectangular one.  Yay!)

Throw Pillows restyle

Throw Pillows restyle

Throw Pillows restyle

Throw Pillows restyle


This morning, Jonah suddenly came to a very sad realization -- none of the pillows were specifically for him.  He immediately pulled out a fluffy blue and white polka-dot fleecy fabric from my stash shelf, and....well...it was close to naptime, and his little face was so cute and sad.  And I had just enough stuffing for one more pillow form.  Now it's not sad anymore.

Throw Pillows restyle

Throw Pillows restyle

Throw Pillows restyle

No comments: