Thursday, March 06, 2008

Italy Part 4: Rock Show In Prato

While in Firenze, not everything we did was historical or touristy in nature. I had planned on seeing two bands play in Germany, the day after we got back from Italy. But, as it turned out, they were also passing through Prato, only 30 minutes outside Firenze, so I saw them there instead. The show was Beneath The Massacre, Despised Icon and Misery Index, and was in a spacious, underground club, underneath a “disco-pub”. I didn’t stick around for Misery Index because I’ve seen them play before and I’m not much of a fan. The other two bands were, of course, outstanding, so I included a few of the pictures I took.


















Blogged with Flock

5 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

My husband is so jealous that you get out to see shows so much. Concerts here are just so expensive and usually far away. It is great that you guys still get out and experience things even though you have small children. We have let it turn us into home bodies. We need to get out more! Great pics! ~A

Anonymous said...

Reeeeeeally cool pictures, Greg! In addition to a love for travel, taking pictures is another thing you got from Mama Bear. Except you take 10 times more than I ever do--and I'm excessive.

Anonymous said...

PS I think the first three shots and the last one are the best. Great Job!

Pinkey the Axe Fairy said...

Yeah, that first one makes it look like he's got a big, lit-up earring.

Pinkey the Axe Fairy said...

BTW: I forgot to take my usual, Canon Elan II; my mainstay for show pictures. These shots were taken on our little Leica D-Lux 3 point-and-shoot digital. I was pretty impressed with the outcomes myself. I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from a Leica.