Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy birthday Lavella!

Today, Lavella turned one year old. I know, we can't really believe it either.

We started our day at the library on post, for reading hour. Lavella tried to help everyone else out with their craft projects.



Elijah would not take off his hat, but ended up being kind of friendly in spite of himself.


Andrew interacted very well with all of the other children, because he says that he's "a big guy now -- I wasn't talkin' to people before, 'cause that was when I was a little guy." (Very seriously, deep voice tones.)


We also had to get the mail, pick up some stuff at the grocery store and get the mail, so by the time we were halfway home, Lavella looked like this:


She revived once we'd gotten into the house, and we set about opening some gifts that had come in the mail from Poppy, Nana and Keith (Greg's parents and brother).


The pink spiky ball was a hit with everyone.


Included was also some gifts for my birthday (I turn 28 in exactly a week), and the very best part was this stuff:


While we're at it, here's a box that we got from Aunt Terry last week (the cookbook was for me, of course. I love Cook's Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen. Those cookbooks are the best ever!!)
L1020174.JPG

L1020176.JPG
Her first doll!

We'd stopped at the bakery on the way home, and I let each person pick out their own thing. We put candles in each (of course!) so that everyone would have something to blow out.


After singing Happy Birthday, Lavella spent a good chunk of time demolishing (but not necessarily eating) her Pudding Plunder (a sweet pastry/bread twist filled with piped swirls of custard).

Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl! You've completely changed my life, and I love you like crazy. You're already such a character; it will be very cool to see who you grow up to be.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Lavella and Faith!! My how time fly when you're having too much fun!! Just want to wish you both a very blessed birthday to two beautiful ladies!!!

God bless,

Glenn & Kathy Williams :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Darling Ladies!


Chase and Amanda

Mom2Zoey said...

Happy Birthday Lavella! It is amazing how fast they grow up. Zoey will be 4 this weekend and it's blowing my mind. Looks like you all had a great day together. Hugs ~A

The Kansas City Hoovers said...

Happy Birthday you two! You guys are constantly in our prayers. And Maple Cream is one of my favorite things to get in the mail or when we visit home as well. I think I'm gonna have to as my parents to send some for there prego daughter :)

Anonymous said...

Oh your kids are amazing! as are their parents! So I was wondering if you could send me a yummy but semi-easy chocolate cake recipe..I want to make one for my hub's b day and I know your great around a kitchen! me? not so much! xoxo