Saturday, February 21, 2009

A gift from round the world, and cute Lavella videos

Many of you (all of you?) realize that I knit and spin yarn. What you may not realize is that I am an active participant in the online Fiber Arts community. There is a particular forum that I belong to which happens to house one of the most fun, lovely group of people. Since they share the same interests as I do, it makes it fun and rewarding to check in throughout the day and chat about different things regarding the fiber arts as well as life in general. As we have spent time online together, visiting each others' blogs and commenting on projects, celebratory moments, life challenges, etc., we've gotten to know each other, and have become closely knit, although most of us have never met in person. Why am I telling you all of this? Because, knowing that I would be alone on Valentine's Day, a bunch of them secretly put together a huge box of thoughtfully chosen things for me and the children.



Included amongst the fun were personal notes from each of them telling me how much they value the sacrifice our family makes for the sake of our country, and their appreciation of my willingness to share my struggles and life-journey, blogging, etc.


(More pictures here if you're so inclined)

I am so overwhelmed; I have thanked them all, but it's hard to say "thank you" enough for such a gift. I feel truly unworthy, and at the same time greatly loved. Gathered from near and far, this truly was a hug from around the world.

On an entirely different note, here are two recent videos of Lavella. The first is of her talking to Jonathan on Feb. 8th (during the weekend before my mom and Rachel flew back), and the second was taken a few days ago -- she's singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blessing from your fiber friends! I love Lavella's song. She was singing that song last summer, but now the words are more distinct.

Love you all,

Jill

Anonymous said...

The song is just precious! That's one of Jordy's favorites songs too.

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me how well some children can carry a tune even at a very young age. Adorable!

Love to you all,

Amanda

Rachel said...

Faith I have not herd her sing so clearly that was really good singing.

Sarah said...

1:06 -Jom's huge smile... great!