Saturday, February 03, 2007

This video may offend some, so if you have sensitive sensibilities, you may not wish to view. However, Hannah and I found this hilarious. If you are into gaming, you may find this even funnier than we did.



Hannah got here on Thursday night, and we've been having a grand time, staying up too late, cooking, etc. All of our favorite things. Hannah will be living here for a few months, until after the baby is born, which is a very nice break for me. It's so nice to have someone here during the day who sees what needs to be done and just does it.

Yesterday Greg had his change of command ceremony, which means that he has now officially taken over command of his first company. Hannah watched the kids at home, and it was the strangest thing to just walk out of the house with my coat and pocketbook, but nothing else. I drove there in silence, wondering at the simplicity of it all. I did feel a little bad for Hannah though, because just before I left, the boys made the largest mess of their lives, and she ended up having to clean the whole thing up herself. ("Someone" dug all of the dirt out of the largest potted plant in the sun room, and then proceeded to throw it all around the living room. Andrew says it was Elijah, but they both had dirt ground into their hands, as well as in their hair and clothing. I am fairly certain that they are both responsible.)

Greg's ceremony was pretty cool; I haven't really attended many ceremonies yet, so it was entertaining to watch Greg marching in step, ceremoniously hand flags back and forth, and the like. His speech brought the house down. He had announced during rehearsal that it would be no longer than 20 seconds, but I could tell that no one believed him. During the actual ceremony, first the Colonel and then the Captain preceding Greg gave long, rather dry speeches. Than Greg got up, and did exactly as promised, which went something like this:
"Company, ladies and gentleman, distinguished guests: First and foremost I would like to thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Secondly, my best friend and wife, Faith. Without her, I would not be where I am today. All policies and procedures remain in effect. Thank you."
I was sitting in the first chair of the front row (since I had to be presented with flowers), and had to fight to keep from laughing at the obvious shock and general please-ed-ness that rippled through the place as he left the podium. Hilarious.

The Colonel asked me if I was nervous about assuming this new command position, and I said "Well, the Army isn't our life, so no, I'm not nervous. It's great that he's got this new position, but it's just the next job for him. That's all." She was rather shocked and had no idea what to say to me after that, so she said something kind of unrelated and didn't ask me anything else about it.

No comments: