Wednesday, August 10, 2005

sleepy


sleepy
Originally uploaded by faithdarling.
All morning, Andrew has been quite difficult. It all started when I woke to the sound of him crying somewhere, calling "Mommy, Mommy!"

I was groggy, so it took me a few minutes to gather my wits, but then I started to search the house. He was at the front door, weeping, aparently thinking that I'd left him. (Yesterday he nearly scrambled out of a second story window when he saw me leave to get the mail -- a lesson never to leave a window open, even if it's screened, when a toddler can reach it.)

I comforted him and we ate breakfast and all, but it started his day out on the wrong foot, and he was whining, crying or throwing a fit all morning.

So anyway, he was being so unreasonable that I finally just put him in his room to calm down.

Five minutes later I heard him come out, and it sounded like he was at the top of the stairs... then nothing. I went to check, and found him like this.

Now naptime is usually at 1pm, but I suppose he needed it earlier today.

The joys of parenting an (almost) two-year-old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys today. I'm glad Andrew was feeling much better by the time we saw him. Zoey was so sad to leave little Elijah.
I hope you liked the veggies! ~A