Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rock and Roll Skully Sweaters

With all of the knitting that I do, I've never knit sweaters for the boys. Can you believe it? I know, all non-knitters think that The Thing To Do is to knit sweaters, but actually, I generally knit socks. Anyway, you're not interested in that, but you might be interested in how adorable the boys are...and they happen to be wearing brand-spanking-new fresh-off-the-needles skully sweaters that I just finished last week.

These sweaters are knit in the style of a favorite old sweatshirt hoodies, so they're very cozy, comfortable and roomy with plenty of room to grow. The boys will definitely fit in these next year.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you feel the need to know any of the technical details of these sweaters, you can check out the post I put up here at my fiber arts blog. (You will find that the boys are named "Sparky and Max" on that blog to maintain anonymity.)

2 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

Those are fabulous! I love that they have hoods. My grandmother is a big knitter. She has made Zoey a sweater for every occasion. I am going to post some pictures of a few of them on my blog today. You inspired me to share her fabulous work. ~A

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! How cute can these little spuds get before it just goes off the charts?!
The sweaters are great! And they look great in them.

By the way, I was going to tell you? Last week I was looking at a photo of Elijah and, lo and behold, I saw my brother's smile! I kept looking at thinking, "Who does he look in this picture?"