Friday, February 25, 2011

Link-tastic Friday

I know that everyone was worried, so LET ME ASSURE YOU: I am knitting again.

 

It's yet another (this is the 3rd) bolero.  These boleros are so flattering and wearable, with the additional bonus of being easily customized to fit any size with any weight of yarn.  I've just reached the beginning of the lace, and I am thrilled to have my needles clicking once again.


Links!


Making life easier:
  • Food On the Table provides a menu, recipes and grocery list depending on what's on sale in your area. It will provide information for 3 meals per week for free, or you can upgrade to a paid account for help planning every meal.
  • I am pretty flipping crazy about this chalkboard wall-art calendar from Etsy shop Simple Shapes.

Food (savory):
  • Cabot Cheddar Soda Bread looks savory, sweet, and pretty much perfect for eating alongside our dinner tonight. (My un-recipe for Black bean and cherry tomato "salad" with chunks of cucumber, avocado, sharp cheddar, minced red onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice)

Food (sweet):
  • Lemon Cornmeal Breakfast Cake with browned butter sounds like exactly the thing that I should bring to the next ladies brunch. In fact, I believe I will. Although, even if you don't like lemons and have never believed in cake, you should definitely click through just to read the story about the bee up the shirt. Priceless and hilarious. Thank you Joy for being such a candid baker.
  • I love pumpkin and chocolate together. This muffin sounds delicious! Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Muffins (via Food Blogga).
  • Oreos -- the only storebought cookie that can tempt me -- just got even better. Chocolate Cookies 'n Cream Cookies (via Culinary in the Country).

Just because it's funny:
  • I actually HAVE tried to wax myself at home, so I know how real the pain is! This made me laugh till I cried (Thanks to my friend Rachel for the link!):

2 comments:

Rebekah Hoover said...

That was awesome! Needed a good laugh!! I was cringing with her!!!

Jill said...

I reposted the video! Hilarious!