Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oh for the love of sleep

So sorry for the terrible lapse in posting.

I've been staring into a face that looks like this much of the time:
And she likes to sleep with someone like this:
It's not that I'm spoiling her (well, not much). The truth of the matter is that she's got tummy issues that cause her to wake up from napping over and over screaming in pain, and there's no way I'm going to let her cry herself to sleep in that state. (For those who gasp at the thought of letting a baby "cry it out", well, that's a post for another date, so you can hold your gasp until then.)

When I burp her, she has these huge, man-like belches, and seems terribly relieved. But she needs to burp ALL THE TIME. Aunt Terry is going to say that she takes after Grandpa Sam. I hope that she takes after that side of the family, but for goodness sake, not with the belching!! Poor babe. I don't know if it's something I'm eating or what, but I'm getting so exhausted.

Last night was the first time she let me sleep 4 hours in a row, and she did it twice in that one night. I felt wonderful this morning!

I know all of that was terribly exciting news, so let's move on.

Pete and Jill (Greg's parants, AKA Poppy and Nanna) are here with us for a visit, and today we went on post so that they could check out where Greg works, and also I had a few packages to mail (Chase and Amanda, Jessica S., expect something in a week or so).
I know that there have been pictures taken of this visit, but I'm just too tired to go find them at the moment. I think that Greg uploaded them to somewhere that I don't normally put pictures, and it would take too much effort to locate them.

That's all for now, folks. Sleep is calling.

6 comments:

Joy and Becky (cause becky still hasn't figured out how to get her own username) said...

wow she's really cute and has dark hair...maybe the sicilian didn't completely excape your flaxen haired darlings.
~becky

MA said...

making that face, i can see so much of you in her..... and that other picture is SOO beautiful. you're absolutely stunning.
much love, ma

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you with Lavella sleeping on your chest. SO precious to see.

Kathy Williams

Mom2Zoey said...

I have to agree. That picture is beautiful!
So sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. I don't have much advice but I do know when Delaney seems all gassy she love it when I bike pedal her legs. That always releases tons of burps and toots.
Delaney is sleeping 9 hours straight these days. Of course Zoey still gets up at least once in the night crying about something. Who would have thought my newborn would sleep better than my 3 year old? HUGS!~A

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on baby that cries after every feeding. Xavier had horrible stomach problems. After many test done at Heidelberg we found out he had an enlarged muscle between his esophagus and stomach. He was on many medications until he "grew into" the muscle. He cried in pain after every feeding, horrible gas (at both ends) and vomiting. This sounds crazy but I used to put his little chair on the drier when doing laundry and he loved it... Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on baby that cries after every feeding. Xavier had horrible stomach problems. After many test done at Heidelberg we found out he had an enlarged muscle between his esophagus and stomach. He was on many medications until he "grew into" the muscle. He cried in pain after every feeding, horrible gas (at both ends) and vomiting. This sounds crazy but I used to put his little chair on the drier when doing laundry and he loved it... Good luck!