A few days ago, the boys came home from school, and after completing their homework, took turns at playing games on the computer. Or at least I thought they were taking turns. When I checked in on them, I found them sharing the keyboard (Andrew is right handed, Elijah is left handed). Apparently, it's easier to race a car with two people. Sometimes it seems like they're sharing the same brain.
- My Aunt Terry gave me this lipstick once, and I've been buying it ever since: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It looks super dark, but goes on sheer and moist -- somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss, with no stickiness at all. My only complaint is that it has to be re-applied fairly often, but the color looks incredible on everyone I've tried it on. I just wish it came in more colors than one!
- Part crafty, part food -- I can't really decide: Jenny Price Illustration Pancake Art. (Thanks Heather for the link!) I don't actually feel drawn to making pancake art myself, but these creations are amazing and super fun to look at!
- I love kitchy brooches, but somehow don't have any. I think that should probably change. Very soon. Novelty Brooch at Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage.
- Molly Wizenburg is talking about braised radishes, and suddenly that's all I want: Butter Glazed Radishes.
- The weather here has been in the 80's and 90's this week, but I just can't get away from my love of soup. This one is definitely going to be on our dinner table this week: French Onion Soup via Smitten Kitchen.
- My favorite thing about going to an Indian restaurant is the amazing flatbreads that are often on the menu. I've always been frustrated that I can't replicate it very well at home, but maybe that's all about to change: Naan Indian Flatbread via Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
- Yes, I just posted about Ramen last week, but I'm talking about it again: Kicked Up Ramen via Mel's Kitchen Cafe.
- When it starts to get hot outside, I turn into even more of a Mostly-Vegetarian than I already am, so this Brown Rice Veggie Burger is looking pretty delicious right about now. Also, if there's any chance that I can get my family to eat brown rice, this would be the way.
- Cabbage is inexpensive, versatile, and delicious in so many ways, but this is my new favorite: Braised Cabbage with Apples and Caraway Seeds via Spilled Milk Podcast. (Also, my current favorite podcast!!)
- This Crock Pot Baked Beans recipe is simple and delicious, but make sure you cook your beans first until they are just soft enough before adding them to the crock. (.....this public service announcement after 14 hours in my crock-pot....and they still weren't quite soft). (Via Weelicious)
- Just made these two days ago, and they're so delicious and addicting (and healthy!): Sweet and Spicy Zucchini Pickles via 101Cookbooks.
- I love having a bowl of this Healthy Bread In Five Minutes A Day dough in my refrigerator, all ready to go. The longer it sours the better. After 24 hours it's wonderful, but after 1 week, it's truly special. And it's made with mostly whole wheat flour!
- I'm not in much of a "sweets" mood this week, but as soon as my sweet tooth finds me again, I will definitely be baking this Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake for my next gathering of friends.
- For my brother Jonathan's birthday, these Honey Vanilla Bean Marshmallows were his only gift request from me, so I mailed him a batch of them yesterday. But then I made a second batch for a party that I was going to this afternoon, and started thinking, how much better would these be if they were dipped in dark chocolate....? (VERY, my friends. VERY.) Sadly, Jonathan is deployed with the Army to a super hot desert location, so the chocolate would not have made the shipment. I'll have to make it for him next time he's here in person.