Thursday, March 31, 2005

Cravings and new cars

For the past few days, I've been craving bacon. Normally, I almost never eat meat (only because it's often not appealing to me -- not because I'm a vegetarian -- but that's a blog for another day), so this craving is really weird. With this baby, I've had some unusual cravings (for me). There's been a few times now where I NEEDED bacon, and then another time when we were food shopping and I found myself buying hotdogs (either Nathan's or Hebrew National -- the only kind there are, as far as I'm concerned) (I'm showing my colors as a food snob, I'm afraid) and sauerkraut, which were then consumed at 11pm that night. I think that the "toddler cardio" of chasing Andrew around must be helping me keep my weight in check, because I'm on track with the last pregnancy, surprisingly enough. Sometimes I scare myself with what I want to eat, but I realize that it's really okay to give in from time to time and just have exactly what I want. So for breakfast today I had an avocado, tomato and bacon sandwich with mayonnaise. The only saving grace in this meal was the homemade bread I used. =0

Today on the way to the mailbox with Andrew, I noticed something by the dumpster: a black, rugged plastic, little-kid pick-up truck! Now, I've never picked anyone's garbage before, and as all of the apartments in our complex surround and share the dumpsters, I felt especially awkward doing this, but...well, Happy Spring to Andrew! It's used but in great condition, and it is propelled by the child's feet, which stick through the bottom. I always wanted one when I was little, and when I saw this, I just couldn't pass it up.

This is a gift for me too! For the past half-hour, he's thoroughly amused himself by climbing in and out, beeping the horn, and spinning the steering wheel. So great!

My questions are: is the taking of other's trash ethical? Should I have asked someone? If so, who? My landlady was in the office -- should I have asked her?

(Note: pics of the little guy in his new "caw" will be posted tomorrow -- I'm currently at my monthly download limit for Funtigo.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

trash is great, and i've been craving bacon too. weird. but i'm not pregnant. extra weird. -sarah

Tim of Thee said...

Oh, man! Stuff like that is totally up for grabs!