Also, this past Saturday we spent about half the day in the car, so I managed to knit this entire hat for a cold-headed friend.
Since she wanted exactly the same hat as the ones I knit for Aunt Allie, and the pattern was fresh in my mind, I was able to stitch it up at a rather brisk pace.
It's link time!
Newly in love with this blog:
- Elegant Musings -- Casey's fearless approach to charming vintage style, her sewing prowess, and her helpful notes on projects make this my new Blog To Watch.
- I use TIGI Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner Duo to keep my hair shiny and healthy looking no matter what damage I do to it with my ever changing dye-jobs. (After the three processes it took to make my hair blond two months ago, I thought that my hair might snap right off. Once I'd used the conditioner as a 15-minute-mask for a day or two, I was right as rain.)
- This 1940's "Swing" dress pattern by Sense & Sensibility Patterns MUST BE MINE. I'm seeing it possibly in a beautiful cotton/silk...
- Thankfully, there is a Swing Dress Sew-Along over at Elegant Musings for people like me who can do simple things, but when it comes to a full garment, would greatly benefit from a little help along the way.
- I would very much like to make a Pillbox Hat like this one at Tuppence Ha'penny. Mostly because I suddenly HAVE TO HAVE ONE, but I don't feel like buying one.
- I'm not sure if a military inspired had would look right on me, but I kind of want to make one and find out (via: Crafter Hours).
- I want to make a Pettiskirt, as detailed on the SewMamaSew forum here, and shown further on the blog Mushroom Villagers -- photo tutorial available for free download over at Sewing Mamas.
- If you're interested in learning the ins and outs of sewing and don't have a local friend to teach you or a local class to take, this online sewing course available through Whipstitch might just be your ticket into the world of the sewing machine.
- This would be a very cool idea to make using silhouettes of my children (via Circles And Dots And Other Distractions)
- These embellished socks would be oh-so-cute with shorts or skirts as the weather starts to warm up (via Alisa Burke).
- This (free!) 12 Months Of Christmas by Talia over at Life's Visual Journal looks like a really fun idea.
- I've been on a serious soup kick lately, and this Baked Potato Soup by Smitten Kitchen looks exactly like what I would like to be eating for dinner tomorrow night.
- There is a bunch of cured meat in my fridge right now that would probably work just as well as the bacon in this Pizza with Bacon, Onions and Cream recipe by Smitten Kitchen.
- This French Onion Soup will definitely make an appearance on our family table sometime soon (via Christopher Cina).
- This recipe for Guacamole looks like perfect late night movie food. Spicy, salty, and rather good for you (let's just not talk about the fried tortilla chips I'd be eating it with). (Via Christopher Cina.)
- I just so happen to have 4 happy little Meyer Lemons, waiting for their greater purpose in life beyond the crisper drawer... Meyer Lemon Bars via Kitchen Runway.
- This Spice Bread sounds so warm and hearty, like the perfect afternoon snack. Or maybe breakfast. I have a few cans of pumpkin puree in the pantry that I just might substitute into this recipe (via 101cookbooks).
- I love ginger, I love muffins, and -- if I ever get a chance to meet her -- would probably love Molly Wizenberg as well. Looking forward to trying out these Ginger Muffins!