Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Happy birthday Elijah!

Dear Elijah,

Today you turned 6 years old.

Happy birthday Max

It feels strange to say that, because I'm pretty sure that it was just yesterday that you were a chunky little toddler running around squirting shampoo into the toilet and stuffing tortillas down the shower drain.  In fact, I probably shouldn't even remind you of that time, because you might think it's a great idea to start all that up again.

Happy birthday Max

This year you will be a 1st grader.  You will loose your first tooth (the one that came loose the last day of kindergarten!)  You will grow taller and stronger, make new friends and learn new things.  Watching you grow is one of the beautiful bittersweet privileges of motherhood.

Happy birthday Max

I love your fierce tenderness, and your hilarious sense of humor.  You, my little friend, are a challenge and a joy.  I am so incredibly glad that I get to be your Mommy.

Happy birthday Max

You add so much excitement and fun to our family.  I'm glad that we have you!

I love you forever,
Mommy

No comments: