Friday, June 03, 2011

Link-tastic Friday

Thank you to everyone who voted on whether we should keep the What I Wore Wednesday feature.  Out of 86 votes, only 29 of you voted to scratch the idea, so....we're keeping it!  If you don't like the Wednesday posts, just click away somewhere else on those days and I'll be none the wiser.  ;-)

Also, to everyone who guessed that the yellow shoe/vintage blue polka-dot dress ensamble from this week's What I Wore Wednesday post is me...you guessed correctly!  Your Great Big Grand Prize 10 cool kid points, and the deep satisfaction that you are incredibly brilliant.

We are continuing to have a fun visit with my sister Joy with peaceful moments like this...

Billy reading to Joy


Billy reading to Joy

Billy reading to Joy

Billy reading to Joy


And wild moments like this...

Joy and I taking Tequila shots
(Tequila shots with salt and lime -- oh yeah!)


And moments that just make you say: What the #$$%?!

Greg showing us his gas mask
(Greg showing Joy and I how he sometimes does his PT in a gas mask to improve performance.  INSANE.)


It's been a while since we had a linky post around here.  Let's get to it!


Webwide coolness:
I wish that I had known about this recipe maker years ago!  Such a great tool, especially when you need to get dinner on the table using only what you've already got on hand.  This takes most of the guesswork out of the delicate art of substitutions!  (Via Fine Cooking)

Crafty:
Supercute free paper button tutorial (via Creature Comforts Blog) 
I want to make a whole bunch of these fabric flowers!  (Tutorial via Colette) 
A whole bunch of free, fun printables over at Skip To My Lou.


Food (savory):
I'm always on the look-out for inspiring recipes for the hot weather we have going on half the year here in Texas.  This looks fabulous! Beef Noodle Salad Bowls.  (Via Pioneer Woman)
Quick + simple + delicious.  I can't wait to try this!  Spicy Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp, via Everybody Likes Sandwiches.  
I made this Indian inspired Cucumber Peanut Salad for our camping trip a few weeks ago (pre-chopped the ingredients and put them in individual ziplocs, then all in one big ziploc as a salad kit).  It was so unusual and delicious -- I'm making more tonight to eat with dinner! 
We love potatoes in this house, so these Mustard Roasted New Potatoes are definitely going to be on the menu sometime soon (via Joy The Baker).

Food (sweet):
If I subbed in a good quality chocolate for the fake-tasting chocolate melt discs in this recipe, this would be an amazing, crave-worthy dessert!  PMS Cookies (via Just A Pinch). 
Oh my goodness, I have been thinking about these Toasted Coconut Waffles ever since Joy The Baker posted them! 
I made these healthy and deliciously addictive Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas from Weelicious recently.  I just wish that peeling the chickpeas wasn't so labor intensive! 
Just like a no-bake cheesecake...except it looks even better.  Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits (via The Italian Dish). 
This makes me want to eat cannolis.  Now.  Strawberries with Cannoli Cream Dip (via Baked Bree).
My children love french toast, but I do not love standing at the stove long enough to get everyone fed. This sounds like an even more delicious version of the usual -- plus, it's baked, so no skillet time!  Creme Brulee French Toasts (via Smitten Kitchen). 
This looks fabulous, and peach season is just now upon us here in Texas.  Peaches and Cream Cake (via Mel's Kitchen Cafe).

3 comments:

beka4390 said...

I've made the PMS cookies before with out the fluff. I think I would really like the fluff for the extra dimension!

Jilldarling1973 said...

I'd love to see footage of all the people doing a double-take and triple-take when they see Greg running in a gas mask. Get some video, Faith.

Faith D. said...

Haha, well unfortunately I am never even awake when he's doing it, and also
I'm never near Ft. Hood at all. :-)