Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Roller Derby with Joy

A little over a week ago, Joy, Greg and I went out to Roller Derby together.

Waiting in line to get into Roller Derby

I convinced Joy to wear one of my top-hat fascinators, and we got comments all night by people who wanted to buy them off of us (including a Roller Derby girl -- I have been touched by fame itself.)

Joy and I at Roller Derby


After Derby, we did a little food truck crawl, checking out some of the places in the Rainey District near the Lustre Pearl in North Austin.

Eating at the Cazamance food truck in Austin
Cazamance, a place that specializes in African food

Candle at the food truck

A perfect night, eating by the light of little candles on a rough hewn wooden table.

Candle at the food truck

Eating at the Cazamance food truck in Austin

No comments: